According to a promo of Chinese Camel Milk Company of Xinjiang, the camels’ milk features are provided as following. The contents in brackets are provided by author for further details.
- With high nutritional value, it is an optimal supplement for nourishment of the newborn when breast milk is insufficient
- Contains 18 kinds of amino acids which are beneficial for human body
- Lactose contained in camel milk does not incur allergen (It has also been shown to reduce lactose intolerance, combat hepatitis and decrease kidney and liver damage due to alcohol)
- High contents of Vitamin C (it is health vitamin, keeping you safe from infections)
- Iron content equivalent to ten times of that of cow’s milk
- The contents of natural Insulin contained in each liter of milk is 52 units, which is more than 3,000 times higher than that of cow’s milk of the same amount (it’s effective in reducing the level of glycosylated (glycated haemoglobin) in the blood. This is haemoglobin to which glucose is attached, and is typically found at high levels in people with diabetes)
- Both the protein contents and calcium of the camel milk are higher than that of other kinds of milk
- Rich in long chain monounsaturated fatty acids, especially conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), Omega 3 etc (that can lower the concentration in the blood of harmful forms of cholesterol)
- Also rich in lysozyme, lactoferrin and other special ingredients (Camel milk, too, contains large quantities of antibodies that, similarly, can help to protect against infection. Enzymes it contains, such as lysozyme and lactoperoxidase, are likely to help combat bacterial infections)
Just have a look at the table of fatty acids profile of camel milk compared to cow milk.
You can differentiate easily between camel’s and cow’s milk. The Omega 3 and CLA are even more important among the other fatty acids. The Secret Sauce in Grass-Fed Beef. The natural and eco-friendly farming system of camels makes the camels’ products, especially milk even more special and beneficial. Happy Animals vs The Sad Animals